We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 status and will gradually restart our hikes, with some obvious protocol changes listed at the bottom.
The hike will leave from the parking lot on Rainbow Valley (parking lot just before the Whitemud Drive underpass going into Snow Valley) at about 10:30 a.m. The pictures from December 8th, 2019.
Participants may proceed there directly on their own, but should check the website prior to departure in case of a change (e.g., weather forecast, trail conditions, & an alternate hike scheduled).
If you are new to WTA hikes, then you should visit the Guided Hikes webpage for essential information. For further information specific to this hike, refer to The Waskahegan Trail Guide Book (pages 14-15) or contact the Hike Leader John S..
Initial protocol changes due to COVID-19:
- using public trails, in/near the city (not the WTA Trail as virtually all of the trail is on private land and we do not want to impact the landowners);
- meeting at the trailhead, no car pooling (so the start time reflects driving to the trailhead from the city rather than a 9am meeting point at Century Park or Belvedere Park & Ride);
- the hike leader will fill out all forms (e.g., signup sheet) & please use the online waver (to minimize what we all touch);
- Government of Alberta – Guidance on outdoor activities;
- recommending wearing a face mask (Government of Alberta – Guidance for wearing non-medical face masks);
- only attend if you are feeling well & comfortable being with the group.