- This event has passed.
Alfred Savage Centre, Snow Valley & John Nature Centre
February 4 @ 10:15 am – 3:00 pm MST
Note: Due to some construction on the trail just past the Snow Valley Ski Chalet we have had to make a slight alteration to the hike:
- we will now be meeting at the Alfred Savage Centre Parking Lot (parking lot off Fox Drive, at the Whitemud Park exit, going to the bottom of the hill & taking the turn to go under Fox Drive)
- we will still be meeting in the parking lot at about 10:15 a.m. with the hike leaving at 10:30
- starting from the Alfred Savage end the trail has a junction that will bypass the construction
- the trail throughout is snow-packed and where the sun shines there are quite a number of slippery spots so it is highly recommend to have trax/ice picks or at least poles
- the pictures from November 6th, 2022
We’ll meet at the Whitemud Park Parking Lot (parking lot just before you go under the Whitemud Drive overpass towards the Snow Valley ski chalet) at about 10:15 a.m. The hike will leave from the parking lot at 10:30. The pictures from November 6th, 2022.
If you are new to WTA hikes, then you should visit the Guided Hikes webpage for essential information. For further information specific to this hike, refer to The Waskahegan Trail Guide Book, page 14-15, or contact the Hike Leader, John S.
Here are the write-ups from previous hikes on this section: