The WTA has made a few protocol changes for our events. Details at the bottom of page.
- This event has passed.
Whitemud Creek Nature Reserve to Snow Valley – Cancelled
June 7, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm MDT
Hike cancelled due to the recent rain which made a few of the hills treacherous. It will be scheduled for another day.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 status and will gradually restart our hikes, with some obvious protocol changes listed at the bottom.
If you are new to WTA hikes, then you should visit the Guided Hikes webpage for essential information. For further information specific to this hike, refer to The Waskahegan Trail Guide Book, pages 16-17, or contact the Hike Leader, Johanna F., at 780-298-4119.
Initial protocol changes due to COVID-19:
- using public trails, in/near the city (not the WTA Trail as virtually all of the trail is on private land and we do not want to impact the landowners);
- meeting at the trailhead, no car pooling (so the start time reflects driving to the trailhead from the city rather than a 9am meeting point at Century Park or Belvedere Park & Ride);
- the hike leader will fill out all forms (e.g., signup sheet) & please use the online waver (to minimize what we all touch);
- Government of Alberta – Guidance on outdoor activities;
- recommending wearing a face mask (Government of Alberta – Guidance for wearing non-medical face masks);
- only attend if you are feeling well & comfortable being with the group.
Government of Alberta action plans to beat COVID-19, Albertans are encouraged to assess and manage their personal risk. It is reasonable for people to continue using precautions that will serve their needs.
Waskahegan Trail Association protocol changes for our events:
- We meet at the event location (e.g., trailhead for hikes). There is no organized car pooling, however, participants can make their own car pooling arrangements
- Don’t attend if you are awaiting the results of COVID-19 testing or if you have any signs or symptoms of covid or anything unusual
- Only attend if you are feeling well and are comfortable being with the group.
- Individual event coordinators (e.g., hike leaders) and event locations (e.g., buildings within the parks) may have additional requirements that MUST be followed at all times.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 status and may has to make further adjustments.