The WTA has made a few protocol changes for our events. Details at the bottom of page.
- This event has passed.
Members BBQ – Short Morning Hike & BBQ Lunch
September 19, 2021 @ 9:45 am – 3:00 pm MDT
We are having the Members BBQ at Miquelon Lake Provincial Park. Please let us know if you are going to attend by emailing Anita P. or call 780-524-9817.
The pictures from the members BBQ – September 22nd, 2019.
Note: This is a members only event for WTA Members & Volunteers.
Updated details (as of Sept 13th) –
- we have obtained permission Miquelon Lake Provincial Park
- location – we can’t reserve the shelter near the park office (like we have in past years), the facilities are currently on a ‘first come’ basis, so we may need to move as far as the “Group 7” area at the far end of the park (somewhere between ‘Park Office’ & ‘B’ in the WTA Guide Book, Pg 71)
- parking in the main lot by the park office for the initial meeting point & hike, but we may move after the hike if the BBQ is farther down
- Please bring your own lawn chairs
We’ll meet at the parking lot of the Miquelon Provincial Park office at 9:45a.m. (park’s office parking lot). Moving on to our BBQ location (if required) after a short hike & then BBQ. Just check the website prior to departure in case of a change.
For further information specific to Miquelon Lake Provincial Park, refer to The Waskahegan Trail Guide Book (page 71) or visit the Miquelon Lake Provincial Park web site. Anita P. will be coordinating the BBQ and Irene M. will lead the short hike through the park.
Government of Alberta action plans to beat COVID-19, Albertans are encouraged to assess and manage their personal risk. It is reasonable for people to continue using precautions that will serve their needs.
Waskahegan Trail Association protocol changes for our events:
- We meet at the event location (e.g., trailhead for hikes). There is no organized car pooling, however, participants can make their own car pooling arrangements
- Don’t attend if you are awaiting the results of COVID-19 testing or if you have any signs or symptoms of covid or anything unusual
- Only attend if you are feeling well and are comfortable being with the group.
- Individual event coordinators (e.g., hike leaders) and event locations (e.g., buildings within the parks) may have additional requirements that MUST be followed at all times.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 status and may has to make further adjustments.