The WTA has made a few protocol changes for our events. Details at the bottom of page.
February 6 @ 10:15 am – 1:30 pm MST
This weeks hike has Johanne & Dennis leading us through some of their favourite sections of the Mactaggart Sanctuary. The are planning on a 7-8km hike with some hills, so in early January you should have trax/spikes handy. Picture from Johanne & Dennis scouting Mactaggart Sanctuary.
We’ll meet at the Mactaggart Sanctuary Trail Parking Lot on 23rd Ave at about 10:15 a.m. The hike will leave from the parking lot at 10:30.Note:
- rescheduled from January 9th
- there are a couple of hills, so Johanne & Dennis are recommending wearing spikes/tracxs for traction
Government of Alberta action plans to beat COVID-19, Albertans are encouraged to assess and manage their personal risk. It is reasonable for people to continue using precautions that will serve their needs.
Waskahegan Trail Association protocol changes for our events:
- We meet at the event location (e.g., trailhead for hikes). There is no organized car pooling, however, participants can make their own car pooling arrangements
- Don’t attend if you are awaiting the results of COVID-19 testing or if you have any signs or symptoms of covid or anything unusual
- Only attend if you are feeling well and are comfortable being with the group.
- Individual event coordinators (e.g., hike leaders) and event locations (e.g., buildings within the parks) may have additional requirements that MUST be followed at all times.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 status and may has to make further adjustments.