The WTA has made a few protocol changes for our events. Details at the bottom of page.
- This event has passed.
Middle Coal Lake (A43 to Point Cooperation)
July 4, 2021 @ 9:45 am - 3:00 pm MDT
With the ‘Stage 3’ reopening with all restrictions lifted, we will still a few of the protocol changes we made for our hikes (listed at the bottom). We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 status and may has to make further adjustments.
We’ll then follow the route along Coal Lake to Point Cooperation for lunch then return to the trail head. The Point is named for Project Cooperation, in which six 15- and 16-year olds, funded by the Province and by the Waskahegan Trail Association, cleared this section as part of their summer work in 1975.
We’ll meet at the trail head beside “A43” (Township Road 480 / Range Road 240) at 9:45 a.m.. The hike will leave from ‘A43’ at 10:00. The pictures from June 9th, 2019 (albeit that was a 1-way hike from A43 to A45 with lunch at Point Cooperation).
If you are new to WTA hikes, then you should visit the Guided Hikes webpage for essential information. For further information specific to this hike, refer to The Waskahegan Trail Guide Book, page 35, or contact the Hike Leader, Johanna F., at 780-298-4119.
Protocol changes due to COVID-19 – Government of Alberta – Guidance on outdoor activities – “Stage 3 of the Open for Summer Plan” – All public health measures have now been lifted except for isolation/quarantine requirements and masking requirements in health care settings and public transit.
However, for our hikes –
- meeting at the trailhead, no car pooling, participants can still make their own car pooling arrangements;
- only attend if you are feeling well & comfortable being with the group.
Government of Alberta action plans to beat COVID-19, Albertans are encouraged to assess and manage their personal risk. It is reasonable for people to continue using precautions that will serve their needs.
Waskahegan Trail Association protocol changes for our events:
- We meet at the event location (e.g., trailhead for hikes). There is no organized car pooling, however, participants can make their own car pooling arrangements
- Don’t attend if you are awaiting the results of COVID-19 testing or if you have any signs or symptoms of covid or anything unusual
- Only attend if you are feeling well and are comfortable being with the group.
- Individual event coordinators (e.g., hike leaders) and event locations (e.g., buildings within the parks) may have additional requirements that MUST be followed at all times.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 status and may has to make further adjustments.