- This event has passed.
Beyond Event: Goldeye Centre at Nordegg
September 17 - September 20$400
Join us September 17–20 for the Members-Only Beyond Event at Goldeye Centre in Nordegg, Alberta
Goldeye Centre is a secluded education and retreat facility located inside the first range of the Rocky Mountains in the towering pines above Goldeye Lake.
Not yet a member of the Waskahegan Trail Association? You can join or renew your membership here.
Accommodations and Cost
We have reserved rooms in the lodge:
- Bedrooms have a queen bed, a single bed, and a private bathroom. All bedding and towels are provided.
- The common sitting room has a fireplace, couches, and chairs. The kitchenette is equipped with fridge, sink, coffee maker, tea kettle and all supplies.
- The large deck is furnished with chairs overlooking the lake.
Cost is $400.00 per person and includes 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 suppers, lodging and all taxes. This is based on double occupancy. Single occupancy cost is $600.00.
The hikes below are suggestions and can be changed depending on interest, conditions and weather. There are many interesting hiking trails in the area.
Monday, September 17
- Leave from meeting point at 9:00 a.m.
- Lunch at Crescent Falls (bring your own bagged lunch)
- Hike to the falls – 6.2 km return
- Goldeye Centre to check-in and supper.
Tuesday, September 18
- Siffleur Falls for a full day hike – 14 km
Wednesday, September 19
- Coral Creek Canyon in the morning – 7.7 km
- Vision Quest Ridge 5 km return
Thursday, September 20
- Shunda Lake
- Upper mine tour and Brazeau Collieries
Reserve your place by August 31
Spaces are limited. To reserve, contact Anita Piebiak (780-929-2707 or email@example.com and send a cheque for the full amount ($400 double occupancy, $600 single occupancy) no later August 31, 2018.
Make cheque payable to Anita Piebiak and send to
- Anita Piebiak
5006 – 63 St
There will be no refunds after August 31, 2018.
Carpool and other logistics
Costs for carpool passengers will be determined once we have the final number of hikers. The carpool meeting point is to be determined. If you wish to drive (on your own or as a carpool driver), please let Anita know.
Bring a bagged lunch for Monday and any snacks or extra beverages you might enjoy.
Bottled water will be provided.